Honeywell Z-wave thermostat-fan mode control?

Currently I have the Fan mode set to auto within the stat. I see where I read the fan mode status, but is there a way to change the fan mode (on all the time) through smart things?

Thanks!

I don’t have one but I think in thing view click on the little gear next to the device icon that should open up all of the options for that device. Then you should see a fan icon, click that to toggle fan mode.

I think…

Thanks for that!

Would you know how would I “break out” the fan mode to as a separate “connected thing” so i can control it with an IFTTT recipe?

You would probably have to make a SmartApp that forwarded the state and any commands to and from a “Virtual Switch.”

I would start hear and trim it from 8 switches to 1.

And switch the arduino to the thermostat.fanmode or whatever that capability taxonomy is.

Never mind, I’ll take that back. I thought you were looking for the thermostat mode not specifically for the fan mode. My bad…

Thanks Keith,
Looks like I have some reading to do to get up to speed on coding…

If you’ve done any programming before it’s not that bad. My biggest struggle was coming to terms with waiting for “events” to trigger my code instead of checking every seconds or faster for example.

I created have app that I made that will use a virtual switch to change the FanMode from On to Auto. It should also adjust to changes made directly from the unit or the device in the Smartthings app, if you are interested? I have a CT100 Thermostat, but the device capabilities should be the same.

DarcRanger to the rescue! This sounds like exactly what I’m looking for. I just stated poking around the IDE and this would be a big help.

I’ll post a link once I get home this evening.EDIT,

@polocruz See if this works for you and your thermostat. You will need to create a Virtual Switch Device in the IDE first for this to work.

Thank you, Joseph!!! This is exactly what I needed!

I have a Honeywell TH8320ZW that I’m using with this virtual switch. The switch works great changing the mode from on to auto, but the thermostat has a “CIRC” fan mode as well. Would it be possible to toggle between FanAuto and FanCirculate with a virtual switch? Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Never mind. I figured it out. :smirk:

@Matt_L How did you get it to go into circulate mode? Just set this up and have only been able to get it to do on or auto. Thanks

@Chase84 Its been awhile… I used a virtual switch with the On State being labeled as Fan Circ and the Off State being Fan Auto. I then used a smartapp to change the thermostat.setThermostatFanMode between “circulate” and “auto” based on if the virtual switch was in the on or off position.

if (MasterV ==“off” ){
thermostat.setThermostatFanMode(“auto”)
if (MasterV ==“on” ){
thermostat.setThermostatFanMode(“circulate”)

I wish I could have toggled between off/auto/circ but I couldn’t figure out how to do that.

I’d share the code via github, but I’m not sure how to do that at the moment.

Hey. Thanks for the quick reply. I actually just edited the code so when its off its on auto and when its on its on circulate. usually never turn it “on”. If I need to I will just make a new switch.