Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat Compatibility

First, thanks for doing this - it’s really great to see a community so strong working to add in these great capabilities.

I have a Honeywell WiFi themostat, and I was able to get everything working. My only issue is with the display itself. On the main icon page, it just displays the icon - no temperature or otherwise. When I click on the settings screen, I can see the set points but again, no temperature display.

I checked that it is correctly updating the thermostat in real life and on the Total Connect page. So, that’s all working - my only issues are within the ST application itself. I’m running on Android on a Samsung Note 4.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Russ

1 Like

Recently I have been getting the following error code when I click on refresh (I have Jody’s code):

Fan mode is not displaying correctly and will not update when I click refresh.

Thanks

I just accepted the new EULA terms, seems to be working okay now but I do get the same ERROR message.

Can someone share the latest working code? I have an android device and I’ve had problems with code designed specifically for Apple ios. The problem is refeshing the tiles, none of the icons work.

Can someone help?

1 Like

I have the same phone and having the same issue. I’ve deleted the device type, the device, cleared phone app data, forced closed, re-did and re-added everything, and it still won’t display the current temp. Everything shows up correctly on my activity page and it shows up on my ActiON dashboard, just not the ST app dashboard. If you happen to figure out the issue, let me know please!

You take a look at my code, it displays fine on the android app. Just replace the temperature section

Thanks for this tip on pollster and the EULA Robert, my stat has not been working with ST for a while now, so I disabled pollster and accepted the EULA and now it (kinda) works. Just need code with more functionality (like yours).
Anyone using this code with a TH9320?? That’s the model I have.

Chris

Do you think I should try this code with the TH9320? I don’t see a lot of difference-- mine is connected to a heat pump and has Internet exterior temp/humidity and sensor temp/humidity for interior. It also has the same type of schedule… Humm…

Thank you all for this work so far!
I added (what I thiught) was the latest code and it seems to work but every time I change my temp the thermostat starts following schedule instead of being on “permanent hold”, is there a way around that?
Thanks in advance. Also if someone can post the latest code just for verification that would be great as the latest screenshot is different than mine.

Just an FYI my code still appears to work after accepting the EULA. I’ve never had any issues although I just use it to set the temp when I wake up\leave\come home\go to bed. I have no fancy use case.

Does anybody know if either Eric or Jody’s code will work for Honeywell RTH8580 Thermostat? I have been trying but I receive an error below when trying to connect.

Anybody know how to help?

“432670c2-32bf-4b15-b997-e07247e94e17 6:45:38 AM CDT: error java.lang.SecurityException: Endpoint https:mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal/Device/CheckDataSession/417676 is blacklisted. @ line 354”

hello, Great design. Will this work on an Honeywell 8580 thermostat? Could I get the code?

I use one of Jody’s codes for my Honeywell RTH8580WF and it has been working fine.

I have created a new device type utilizing Jody code.
Created a new device
Logged on with username and password for honeywell thermostat
Used my device ID that showed up in the url

It still does not show anything in activity and when I pull from the live logs it shows the device is "blacklisted "

Any thought? Or something I can do?

Sorry I’m not any help.
In the IDE when you click on “My Devices” in the list of your devices does it say “Total Comfort API” under “Type”?

Hi Dave,

Yes it shows Total comfort api. Any other suggestions?

If you polled/refreshed a few times trying to get data, you could have been temporarily blocked by Honeywell. If you have accepted the new ToS, you know they do not want people using unauthorized methods of accessing their own data. I have heard there have been talks between ST and Honeywell, but I don’t know if or when anything will come of it. Until then, you need to know it could stop working at anytime.

If you want your AC fan to switch from ON to AUTO automatically after a set number of minutes, check this link out:

Post #18:

Tim created a great little SmartApp

Are you using Android app or iOS app?

I am thinking of buying this thermostat.

Thx!