Harmony Home Hub

Just wanted to add a +1 to this. I’m getting the same errors everyone else is. An update from ST support would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

Hey all-

Harmony updated its iOS App today (to version 4.0.6). I have version 4.2.48 of the Harmony Hub firmware.

Everything works perfectly – almost (for some reason, IFTTT tells me that there are errors running the recipes even though the recipes get executed).

I created virtual on/off button tiles for all of my Harmony activities - using IFTTT, the Harmony activities get turned on whenever the corresponding switch is turned on.

Best thing is now when I turn on my Sonos, the receiver automatically sets to that input. Yay!

Hopefully the update solves your issues as well.

The same errors from before from ST side whereby cannot add the hub to things even though it is detected. I updated the harmony app released today though.

Correct. This won’t be fixed until Logitech updates their firmware, which they didn’t do today as they just did their iOS app.

How happy is everyone with the Harmony? I am working with PebbleAir to get them integrated with ST - we already have the ST app and a API based supply of most manufacturers remotes… What is everyone’s principal application for this? TV? Cable? Air Conditioning? AV? Sound? Combination of all of the above? Anyone using more than one in more than one room?

No, not happy with harmony now, and only marginally happy with previous harmony remote. Original harmony one is in spare bedroom running TV/cbl box. Harmony Ultimate Home is living room on main AV system. Bedroom has a Nevo S70, which is hands down the best remote I’ve ever owned. To this day harmony remotes are slow as hell, no matter the tweaking you do.
I prefer having hard buttons for AV control, so touch screen interface won’t do it for me with media controllers.

Any news on the update to fix harmony, st and tcp, a have the same problem

I am happy with mine. I just purchased a third as I use the physical remotes to turn on and off lights in the rooms the tvs are located in. I also use them with virtual switches in ST to perform automated actions such as going into sleep mode, turning lights on and dimming, etc. I have the home control remote alongside the hubs which are $150 each. I like the feel of the physical remote and find the ultimate touch screen ones overpriced at $350 considering you have an app if you need a touchscreen.

The integration from Harmony to ST works great but as mentioned the integration from ST to Harmony is broken but I am doing just fine with the way it is.

Did you guys get a chance to complain on Logitech forum? Some of us did and the standard answer is we are still investigating. If you haven’t complained, please do.

1 Like

I did, I also have beta access for logitech and they still have not fixed it there either.

I know I’m in the minority, but I got both my Harmony hubs connected prior to the issue so my integration is fully working both ways. I have one hub in the basement on the main home entertainment unit where the Home Control replaced an old 890. I use the ST integration mainly to control the lighting down there. I got a 2nd one for the bedroom because we needed a better way to activate a sleep timer. I use a virtual switch in ST that has a timer SmartApp to turn the switch off, and the switch off triggers Harmony to power off. It’s all working great.

I agree with @Mbhforum that the Home Control is the way to go. It’s a great remote with a good layout. One gripe is that it doesn’t have illuminated buttons for the wife, and it’s mostly used in the dark. It’s a pretty easy remote to navigate by feel IMO, so I don’t mind; but it’d really help her.

But you are still relying on a virtual switch workaround which is definitely not ok for average consumer user.

True, but I don’t consider Smartthings for the average consumer anyway. They have a ways to go.

So I went an purchased an ultimate harmony home and setup my smartthings. first thing I realize is when you turn a light on using harmony, smartthings doesn’t know. Similar to tcp app.
When attempting to do the reverse, control my harmoney through smartthings, I can’t connect. Seems i’ve been fambusled into a “not quite ready” gadget… again.

I assumed, if smartthings has the “harmony connect” app in the “store”, it would work.

Has anyone heard when it might be fixed. No since in using the harmony to control devices, if smartthings doesnt see the actions. turn a light on using harmony, smartthings isn’t smart enough to know it was turned on, making motion and other actions break.

What devices are you controlling? I’m surprised to see this feedback as I don’t recall seeing the same thing with my setup. Your Harmony is setup to control your lights through SmartThings, right? That’s how mine is setup and since the home automation actions are actually being controlled by SmartThings, they are seen immediately.

I’m using TCP bulbs. About 25 of them.
Yes. I can control the lights through the harmony remote and app. Seems that smartthings isn’t registering it quick enough or not at all.
I’m going to try a few scenarios. Thus evening.

The real issue is that the smartthings app connect doesnot work At all. It searches for hub for eternity.

Any luck with it?

friend of smartthings,
Mike

The integration from Logitech -> ST works perfect for me. If I turn off a light through the physical remote or Harmony app va ST connectivity, ST’s registers and sees the changes immediately. As discussed above, the integration from ST -> Logitech does not work for any new setups. Logitech and ST are both aware of the issue and there is no ETA for the fix. Just to clarify, when you setup the integration from Logitech -> ST, it actually creates an instance of the Harmony Connect in ST. I learned this the hard way by removing that one and having to re-do the setup in Harmony.

I wonder if anyone else with TCP Bulbs has seen this? Like @Mbhforum, my lights reflect their status fairly immediately within SmartThings, but they are all Z-wave based switches/outlets.

There are a number of threads on the SmartThings community talking about how the Logitech integration only works one way (Logitech → SmartThings) and that the other direction is broken (SmartThings ↛ Logitech). I can’t remember if this was related to the Logitech firmware update a few weeks ago or if it was an outstanding issue before that.

@joshua_lyon I have all of my TCP lights set up in fixtures and in December when I got my two Harmony hubs, it could not control the TCP light fixtures properly. I have moved to hues and links in the two rooms I have Harmony hubs in, and they both work pretty good. The problem I had with the TCP lights on Harmony was that would turn on and the immediately back off. Not sure if that is still a problem or not.

Logitech seems to be hinting that this is blocked by SmartThings releasing an update to the SmartLabs integration with this post:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hub-Based-Remotes/SmartThings-and-Harmony-Hub-Integration/m-p/1370590/highlight/true#M19667

If that is actually true, then can someone from ST give an update on the status?