Foscam - Foscam FI8910W Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision

Hey everyone I’m very new with smarthings (NOVICE) I’m planning to buy this camera, will work with Smarthings HUB?

No live streaming with any ip camera yet. You can read this thread Foscam Universal Internal Device Type (HD\Non-HD with Alarm\LED\PTZ Control)

i have one set to take pictures when my front door opens. I don’t send it any other commands through smartthings and i still use ipcamviewer for checking out the streams.I have 2 of those cams, one 8905w outside and a 9804w all working using some of the different foscam device scripts.

You can also check out the actiON V4 thread, there is a lot of talk about integrating varios cameras into @625alex 's awesome dashboard.

I have one of these and two exterior Foscam cameras. The 8910W is decent although the resolution is better on the newer models, and as some have said there’s no real integration with ST other than custom device types or using Alex’s dashboard.

I bit the bullet and configured the cameras independently of my ST setup. I use iSpy to save all recordings to a local folder which is mirrored with OneDrive, so all the footage end up on the cloud as it’s recorded. I haven’t been able to find anything else that can replicate the same setup reliably.

Another thing to remember about this particular model is that it’s for indoor use only. The casing is not suitable for outdoor use, and the reflection of the IR lights will blind it if you use it inside to look outdoors (pointing at a window, for example). You can turn off the IR altogether but then you’d need the area to be really well lit for the camera to capture anything.

1 Like

@k3v0 I was hoping to get a bit more detail on how you’re getting the Foscam to capture photos on motion. Is that through SmartThings? If so, how are you doing it? I have 3 8910s in my setup but only have a very basic integration with ST so that I can view a still image within the ST app. Would love to use the cam to sense motion as well. Just wanted to make sure I was understanding how you’ve got yours set up. Thanks!

@smorty71 I’m not using the motion sensing on the camera itself, i have the photo burst kicked off when an open/close sensor is triggered.

Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying.

I added that code mentioned above to my devices and cant get it to work… I initially gave it an IP address and I see a funky device id but still not working…?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I have been using my Foscam FI8910W on ST for over a year now. I love it. However, I am not able to use the camera in ST anymore. I changed routers and I am not able to figure out where to change the new IP and external IP settings for the ST app to utilize. I would appreciate the help.

In the ST app. Under “things”. Click on the camera and at the top right upper corner. Click on that and you should see “edit device”. The setting is in there for your ip and port.

I appreciate the reply, and I have tried that. However, when I go into the “Edit Device” it only gives me the option of changing the name of the device. It says Preferences and has the name of the device a place to change the name and a “Remove” button in red. I remember being able to edit the parameters of the device.
I appreciate any help and guidance.