Evolve LTM-5 transmitter to LRM-AS association

Wanted to follow up on this. I was able to get zwave device to device association working with the Evolve LRM-AS and LTM-5. I ended up using the Aeon Labs minimote (as @shanv mentioned above) as a secondary controller to SmartThings. Here are the steps I took:

1. Paired both switches to Smart Things (put SmartThings in “Add” mode, then double tap switches)
  2. Paired Minimote to SmartThings (put SmartThings in “Add” mode, clicked “Learn” button on minimote)
  3. Clicked “Associate” button on Minimote
  4. Double clicked LRM-AS (Main switch)
  5. Double clicked LTM-5 (Aux switch)

I was note able to find a way to do this directly within SmartThings. The groups referenced within the IDE seem to only refer to the Things grouping within the mobile apps. For what it is worth, I also have a GE 45601 remote and it’s grouping and scene definitions also do not set ZWave association. It would be nice to have the zwave utilities section built out to include this functionality.

So far the switch is working flawlessly, it works exactly as the main switch with dimmer controls and all. I am very pleased, as this is the best dimmer I have found for low draw LEDs lamps and I have several 3 and 4 way switches that need to be added.

5 Likes