Disarm/arm alarm with Schlage lock code

Is there a way to change the the mode to “home” after I put my Schlage door lock code in?

This shouldn’t be hard at all with a SmartApp. Just select the lock, listen for the unlock event and change the mode.

uuhhmm… I wish I knew how to do what you are saying because i could really use this option. can you explain?

There is a shared app called Hello Door Lock Code. I have not used it, but the description is

Description: Changes to a specified mode or runs a Hello Home action depending on door unlock code

Here are some instructions on installing share smartapps in the IDE

1 Like

well that was what I wanted but unfortunately it doesn’t change the mode :frowning:

The Hello Home action can change the mode. I think it’s the last option in the Hello Home phrase set up, so you could create a new HH phrase and use this app.

Looking at the code, it looks like you could change either the mode or run a hh prase. Here’s the thread where the author posted it originally

Yea, I tried that but for some reason it’s not changing the mode to home and the alarm goes off as soon as we open the doors.

Update…this is working for me now. Thanks for all your help!

What was the solution for you? I am having the same issue. Thanks!

it’s no longer working. Something so simple seems to be so challenging with smarthings. I decided to look into a traditional alarm system.

I am looking for a way to use the keypad on my Schlage Touchpad Lock to Disarm the system, and from inside the house to use an Iris keypad to Arm the system. I can already control the alarm with the Iris keypad, but have not found anything for the Schlage that works.

I see what you were attempting I used a Motion Open/Close sensor on the Door and that can allow change of mode, Lights on or off and if you have a storm door you can put one on it with different commands.