Developer Discussion

Every other week, we hold a video conference call that anyone can join, in which we discuss the product roadmap, writing SmartApps, recent happenings on the platform, and take questions from people in the community.

Meeting Info:

Every Other Wednesday
8pm EST / 7pm CST / 5pm PST

To join the Meeting:
https://bluejeans.com/574546266

To join via Browser:
https://bluejeans.com/574546266/browser

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System:  bjn.vc -or- 199.48.152.152
Meeting ID: 574546266

To join via Phone:

1. Dial:
    +1 408 740 7256
    +1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
    (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
  2. Enter Conference ID: 574546266

You can join live or watch the archived videos.

2 Likes

What happened to the Developer Discussions? Has there been one since 6/25/14?

The last one was cancelled but we will be having the next now tomorrow as scheduled. (they happen every other week). Join in 8pm EST / 7pm CST / 5pm PST tomorrow night.

Thank you sir. :smile: I thought they were discontinued or something. I really enjoy them even though I don’t have the time to join in.

Agreed. Always enjoy watching the YouTube repost when work is slow!

Wish I could join it this week… Unfortunately, priorities… San Diego Comic-Con preview night is at the same time… I could try to join the call during the opening, but the screams of 100,000 fans running by my booth might be a bit of a distraction.

If any ST folks are at SDCC, stop by booth 5567 and ask for me. I’ll give you something special :smile:

1 Like

Latest is posted:

2 Likes

Would it be possible to get a post with a summary of these? Just the most important/interesting “What’s coming” and “What’s been fixed”?

Some of the topics we covered were in the video description but not really a good summary. Many things were only briefly touched on too. Here is that list:

• Rumors and Speculation (We don’t respond to rumors and speculation)
  • Logitech Integration progress report (Luke)
  • Announcement of SmartApp Workshop (Aug 6 and 12)
  • Windows Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile interfaces (Kyle)
  • Release of new hub firmware
  • Cade from Vegas - Pet trackers - Fitbit-like trackers for dogs
  • New siren (Everspring) and smoke detector, Netatmo, Foscam
  • New connected devices outreach to device makers (Urman)
  • New ST device lineup (tease)
  • Beacon and Bluetooth - location within the home (Kyle)

REMINDER: Tomorrow night’s (Aug 6) Developer Discussion will be replaced with a SmartApp Workshop from 6pm to 8pm Eastern.

Because space is limited we are sending invites to people who completed the Application Form. (you may still apply to attend with that form until the end of the day today.

If you cannot make it or miss out - don’t worry we will be holding these virtual sessions periodically as well as events in various parts of the country.

When will the in person workshop be in the Bay Area?!

Next Tuesday! Can you make it? 6pm to 8pm PST (plus extra time after that for SmartApp writing and socializing. In the Mission District.

Damn. Its my girlfriends birthday on Tuesday, not gonna happen :frowning:

If you guys are in the bay area for a couple days, come on down to Santa Cruz. I’ll give you a tour of the Boardwalk.

Just a reminder that Developer Discussion is on for tonight in about 2 hours and 15 minutes (8pm EST, 7pm CST, 5pm PST) - Please join us.

Latest Developer Discussion video is now posted:

1 Like

The developer discussion is happening tonight at 8pm EST and 5pm PST. Join in!

Missed my calendar notification. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Here you go. Should be ready in a minute or two.

I tried to join the one last night, but BlueJeans apparently doesn’t support 64bit Chrome. And there aren’t other computer connection options.