AT&T Digital Life Devices

Can I pair/discover and use AT&T Digital Life Devices with the SmartThings Hub?

2 Likes

I don’t believe those devices are compatible with any other systems. If you have any specific model numbers let me know and I’ll check for you.

@Keo was looking at an indirect way to integrate them in this thread but that is definitely some work. The suggestions from @Tyler is probably the best way to start.

The ATT Digital Life system uses a proprietary protocol in the ISM bands. They would not be compatible with the ST system unless some one makes a IP bridge that could tie in the sensors locally to the ST hub.

That’s actually the keypad model number. The model number I think he was looking for was the one from the brain unit. It’s the big one with all of the antenna. From what I’ve read, I believe Cisco makes the brain unit.

I also do not believe there is any way to interface with their unit for consumers. I’ve been reading as much as I can about it, and haven’t found an open API or ways to call to it. This is why I’ve decided to take my own project up to interface with smartThings using the emails generated from AT&T. It’s not going to be pretty and is going to have delays because you have to wait for the email before smartThings it is updated. I think the best solution is if the smartThings team works with AT&T to get access.

It’s from the motion sensor, I was hoping to use the motions from at&t without the DLC/Hub from at&t. I dont have the att service anymore. Maybe that’s not possible. Thanks for all the quick replies.

Hey… I also disco’d my Digital Life service, and have been attempting to connect the devices with Smartthings Hub v2. I was able to connect the thermostat and the wireless lamp switches. I have not been able to connect the garage door opener, despite it being a Linear re-branded device (even after an hour on the phone with Linear tech support). It seems that the security devices (motion detectors and door/window sensors) are RF, not Z-Waze or Zigbee. I think they are different technologies, but I am guessing there.

Has anyone else been successful with any Digital Life devices?

1 Like

If they are not zwave or zigbee then they won’t be compatible with SmartThings.

i know that, what I am not sure of is whether they are z-wave or zigbee… I am assuming, but I cannot find the required documentation because Secure Wireless OEM manufactures for Digital Life and Digital Life doesn;t want to make it easy to use their products with systems other than theirs.

In the US, radio frequency devices of this type require FCC licenses. The FCC ID number will be on the back of the device or inside the battery compartment. Look it up under that and you can determine the frequency.

if it’s Zigbee, it could still be a proprietary Zigbee. But you can definitely tell if any device is Zwave or zigbee from its FCC documentation.

Thanks for the info. So, would it specifically say zigbee or zwave, or just show a certain frequency which would be used to determine?

It will show a frequency in the specifications document. The testing lab documents which were submitted with the license application will have more details, and should mention the exact protocol.

I’ve built a way to show all the Digital Life sensors into the SmartThings App, but it requires a linux server running on the same network as your hub. Check out Keo’s thread mentioned above. Using it in a cloud server is also possible, though I concentrated on running it on a local server due to SmartThings’ servers sometimes slow to stalled speed on processing endpoint requests.

Hey, I have an At&t thermostat and I’m trying to get it to work with my Smart things. Can you explain how you got yours to work?

Any advice on how to get the thermostat to connect? I have not been able to get it to unpaid from my DLC.
Its the honeywell model.

How could I see the source code and what kind of Linux requirements there are? I would like to build an interface to monitor my AT&T devices decides the DLC 100 I have.

I would imagine your device must work on a raspberry pi platform.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

The source code is all in the github repository. Uses nodejs for the pi and groovy for the smartapp/dth

The DS 100 with the big antennas has three cards inside it for the Z-Wave mobile connection and such once you get under the white plastic you’ll see the three in 10 minutes and it’ll tell you what the three cards that are underneath the silver are now if you’re curious go a little bit further underneath the little silver plate and what you’ll see is a SD card Mini should be two gigs with some dad on it that you’re not going to be able to read right off the bat as far as proprietary software from what I’ve read and there’s only four different Z-Wave softwares so therefore how are you going to be sober by Jerry that you can’t go back and find one of those that works which one does AT&T use they don’t own the rights to the software and they’re not the only users so how are they going to lock you out completely they just made it difficult for you to look at I’m no professional I don’t even know much about this crap the home automations all about being lazy I gave her too lazy to get out of screwdriver and tear that stuff off the wall and dig down into it to find out that the board is generic making things a lot harder on yourself I could be wrong but I doubt it I tore plenty of them apart

Hey guys I know this is a really old thread, but before I spend hours trying to figure this out. Do you still need a Digital Life subscription to send a signal to ST?

I bought a house with sensors in all the windows and doors and a couple motion sensors I would love to utilize. I’m just very unsure how possible this is for me since I have limited programming experience.