Amazon Prime Day 2016

Just grabbed this for $96.01

ebates has a Prime Day deal today where some of their affiliates stores have significantly increased their cashback bonus for today only. That includes Walmart.com and Samsung.com

If you haven’t used ebates before, you start your shopping at the ebates site or app, then use their link to go to the site you want to shop at. They credit you with a cashback bonus for most items purchased on that visit, typically one or 2% but today, for example, it’s 5% at Walmart. Then once a quarter they give you that cash as a PayPal transaction. There are a few restrictions, like no cashback on gift cards.

These rebates almost always stack on top of any other sales that the stores running, so it’s just a little bit extra back, but everything helps. :sunglasses:

Walmart has some home automation devices, as well as regular home-improvement and entertainment items. Good price on the Hue go today, for example, plus the extra 5% from ebates.

Just read the Walmart product descriptions carefully, I don’t think the eBates program applies to the third-party sellers that Walmart has in the marketplace, just items sold by Walmart itself.

2 Likes

The TPLink plugs upthread are not compatible with SmartThings.

The Automatic car device has an IFTTT channel, so you can get indirect integration that way. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you. Obviously this is Amazon’s way of getting more and more people to use their Alexa platform. Unfortunately Alexa Listens didn’t work for me, and was giving me the regular price. Had to get a friend to order the item for me from his Echo and it works.

I want an ecobee so bad

Not smartthings related ( except maybe it is), but the Dash buttons are now $0.99 each, still with a $4.99 credit. And I think you get the credit for each one you buy. So, essentially they are giving you $4 to buy each one.

1 Like

Picked up one on Ebay for 40

SmartThings Shop is still showing 20% off for 4th of July sale. Code “WELCOME10” gives another 10% off the original price making it 30% off total. So this from SmartThings is $38.50 right now. I picked up a 5 pack of temp/humidity sensors for $150 shipped and really wish they carried the “current” GE switches (127xx series) and not the old 47xxx…would have picked up a bunch of those too.

So I don’t need this in addition

It worked on me…they are/were giving $10 off your first purchase of $20 or more through Alexa and last Friday (8th) they had a special on the Tap for $79. I bit…$79 - $10 plus $4 tax = $74. That was a deal I couldn’t pass up. Yes pressing the button is a extra step but I have my Echo downstairs in the living room and the Tap want on the night stand within arms reach.

I just want to try it for the Echo integration " Alexa where’s her car " LOL.

I already have 3 OBD scanners ranging from cheap one that connects to phone/tablet for digital dashboard and quick check engine light reset to the Scantool that actually plugs into laptop and I can reprogram the car computer.

How the hell did you get the -$64.99 Discount?

I used Alexa and only got a $14.99 discount on top of the $10.00 discount for first Alexa purchase.

The 25% off is the $50 off Prime discount.

Here is my invoice:

Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Prime Savings: -$50.00
Alexa on Prime Day: -$10.00
Alexa on Prime Day: -$14.99
-----
Total before tax: $125.00
Sales Tax: $11.09
-----
Total for This Shipment: $136.09

1 Like

You would use the harmony hub extender instead of smartthings. Not with SmartThings. For example, a zigbee device can have only one coordinator, so a motion sensor would have to belong to the harmony hub extender or to SmartThings, not both.

In addition, the harmony hub extender is really limited in what it can do.

It’s a good choice for someone who just wants to add motion sensors to their AV set up (and doesn’t have SmartThings), but otherwise it’s pretty useless.

You can find more discussion in the forums if you’re interested. But basically the harmony hub extender just gives you on/off control of a few specific device classes, it won’t play nice with SmartThings, and if you have SmartThings you won’t need it.

2 Likes

I didn’t do anything special.

Enabled voice purchasing via Alexa app then ordered this Philips Hue starter kit using Alexa a few minutes after midnight pacific time when the Prime Day started.

As some have said this “double” discount may have been a bug so still TBD on whether Amazon will actually ship this product at this price.

2 Likes

Probably the best Android TV device out there.

Sorry for the spam, my browser is spazzing. Anywayz, I was thinking that maybe it worked on your case because it’s acting like an extension of your Echo? I don’t really own one so that’s probably why it wasn’t working for me. All good now, I just needed one item and got a friend to order it for me.

As for your GE switches, there i see a few of them listed here. Might be worth checking out :slight_smile:

If you are quick enough, you can edit your Alexa orders ship speed to " no rush" 5-7 days and get the $1 digital code to use later on music or movies too. Using my no rush credits I just got Eugene Ceman’s Last man on the moon documentary/biography for $1.99 .
I am surprised Amazon hasn’t caught on that I always order 1 item at a time ( unless they are add-on items) and stack up the $1 credits. They just put them all in 1 shipment and I get $5-$6 off on music and movies .

3 Likes

I always thought it only allowed one credit per transaction. I’ll have to start doing this.

It does but if you order 6 different things on 6 different transactions within 20 minutes chances are they still will ship it in the same box.

Unless you meant 1 $1 credit per order in which case no…you can use whatever you have saved up. You got 20 individual $1 credits then that’s $20 off.

1 Like

I just had coffee grinder I ordered Friday , dog treats I ordered Sat and my monthly auto restock of coffee due on 18th all arrive in the same box this am.

1 Like