Aeon recessed door sensor gen 5 device type

Thank you. I’m a bit of a newb, how would I go about changing this parameter?

You may need to deal with a little bit of coding, but you can refer to this page on the smartthings documentation: http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/building-z-wave-device-types/z-wave-primer.html

Reference the section “Configuration”

Thank you. I tried, but I guess it is a bit over my head. Sigh

Not seeing battery reporting… should we expect to see that now? or in the future?

I have one reporting battery levels and one not. I thought they were both reporting levels at the beginning but I could be mistaken.

The one not reporting battery, but reporting open/closed events was added with a minimote, if that has an impact.

interesting… I think I added all three with a minimote… hmm…

I have two of these installed and four more ready to install but I still don’t see the battery status. Anyone else not seeing the battery? I’ve tried both the ST device and the custom device type and neither report battery.

When we originally did the testing for this device we didn’t see any issues with battery life reporting.

It may be that in certain circumstances something is timing out in the configuration prior to us receiving battery information. I’ll have one of our engineers take a look.

Thanks for the reports guys.

I see battery using the community device type. However after several months they all still report 100% which I find suspect.

I don’t see battery reporting either… I used a minimote to pair… Maybe related?

1 Like

Just necro posting for my fellow newbies. I purchased four of these Aeon Gen 5 recessed door sensors. They all paired out of the box with the default/generic ST device type “Zwave Door/Window Sensor”. Only one of the four reported battery despite multiple attempts at pairing. I found this post and followed all the instructions but could not get the device to pick up @jabbera’s device type.

After completing a crash course on groovy and device type development I learned that the Raw Descriptions for my sensors are slightly different than what is currently in the device type out on github.

After updating the fingerprint to the following my devices finally picked up @jabbera’s device type:

fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x98", outClusters: "0x5A,0x82"
    fingerprint deviceId: "0x0701", inClusters: "0x5E 0x30 0x80 0x84 0x70 0x85 0x59 0x71 0x86 0x72 0x73 0x7A 0x98", outClusters: "0x5A 0x82"

So if you’re about to put your fist through a wall, try this first…

2 Likes

I wish I saw this an hour ago… Would have saved me some frustration. The Aeon sensor showed up as a z-wave door/window sensor but no battery reporting. I installed the custom device type, excluded / re-added but it never saw the new device type until I added the fingerprint change @mobious described above. After that I excluded / re-added device and it saw the new device type. NOTE: the first type I added with the new device type the sensor was reported as “open” and was stuck in that state even though the LED would indicate the open / close physical event. I excluded / re-added a second time and all worked.

Would be nice if the official SmartThings device type had these additonal fingerprints.

I have never done the changing of CODE before. Where do I go and how hard is it to change? I would like to have the sensors read out the battery %.

I’ve added the new fingerprint to my repo for the future.

1 Like

When mine paired it to the v2 picked the standard door sensor and I didn’t get any battery. Before it was paired to the v1 hub and I did have a battery level (and it changed over a long period of time - the batteries seem to last a very long time). I created the device listed type here - thanks, by the way, and changed the device to use this device type but still no battery (after about an hour with the door opened/closed a few times). Do I just need to be patient or will I have to go through the process of removing/adding again in the hopes now that it will use this device type and get a battery??
Thanks!

It just refreshed now so I guess it takes about 3 hours. Of course it also now reports 13% - after over a year of installation - but it is -10oF today… so not changing the battery today, ether.
Thanks!!

1 Like

Being new to the z-wave revolution how do I load this onto my vera plus controller.

Just wanted to report in that I’ve had 3 of these recessed door sensors batteries completely die when the last reported % was 57/58%. Just wanted to report it here incase others were seeing this too.

I plan on adding a battery monitor app instance to monitor for when these get below 60% and just replace them.

HI all

I have one of these (Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Gen5) which I added to my V2 hub just using the default Smartthings thing, it works (without any battery advise) but at times its not reliable - i.e. doesn’t always show the actual state of the door (open or closed)

I found this thread and want to try using the code supplied in the first post but not sure how to add the code, I understand using IDE to create new device but where do I paste the code and what “type” of device do I select in the Create Device section.

Tks Frosty

led stayed red. pushing the button for 5 seconde changed it that the red Light only is on when its status changes