Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

I’m in the process of hacking a QI charger and using some magnets to mount mine. Parts are in the mail will post pics when I’m done to…

1 Like

I considered using magnets, but command strips will do for now. I didn’t want to wait a month for magnets to be shipped.

@swindmiller I copied your CSS overrides and I love it. I just added a couple of Cree bulbs but I can’t the tiles to look like your background.

Any pointer as to what to edit? Thanks!

Glad it worked for you.
I don’t have any bulbs…only switches. Can you copy the icon I show for switch to your bulb section?
Let me know.

Korban, I love your sweet kitchen! + how clean this looks.

Funny you should ask did alot of research and best value tablet is the Amazon Fire HD 6,

99$ and has almost retina display (252 ppi)!

Here’s it running ActiON:

Now unfortunately there is no wall mounting enclosures so I decided to make my own!

Going to get it 3d printed :wink:

5 Likes

Looks good. The price of the Fires is tempting but I worry about buying something that can’t be rooted, you know just in case.

3d printers is a great idea for making a wall mount.

1 Like

I got the bulb tile to look the same as the rest, too bad I can’t do any edits on IDE, it won’t let me save my changes. I will wait until Alex publishes his new version,

What browser are you using? I do everything thru Firefox but for some reason I can only save once in IDE thru Firefox. IE works great with IDE so I use that.

I’ve been using IE and Chrome but the error I’m getting is more related to the updates that was done to the IDE I believe from what I read in this thread…

Are you able to save changes you make to your dashboard?

The new version is days away. It includes a workaround to save changes.

2 Likes

Honestly I have not tried. I just know in the past that was my problem. I didn’t know there was a problem in IDE, hopefully they fix it soon.

Hi all. Fairly new to all this, but the ActiON dashboard has me jazzed about creating some sort of mounted control panel. I’m looking to create something smaller and more like the Wink Relay. I sort of started another thread about it. :grin:

3 Likes

Hi all. I was wondering if it were possible to display a mpeg video stream without the grey border around it and how to go about doing that? Essentially, I’d like the video to take up the entire tile.

Can you post what your USB outlet setup is? I’m looking to do something like that too. Did you pull power from the outlet? What hardware did you use for the outlet?

Looks great!

This is the one I am using
Top Greener USB Charger with 15A Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptalce 61501-TR2USB2

Is anyone able to modify/save their codes in IDE? I just get the Saving spinning wheel :frowning:

1 Like

IDE is toasted this morning. My morning commute was not productive.

I wanted something more portable. I went with this. It’s also surge protected.